Thai Massage Programs 2019
Thai Massage is an ancient form of bodywork that combines, compression, stretching, twisting, and meditation to release energy blockages, alleviate chronic pain, calm the nervous system, and improve mobility and circulation. It supports the free flow of intrinsic energy within your body, helping you to feel more in harmony with your essential self! Deeply interwoven into the practice of meditation, it is great for both giver and receiver. This is a deeply relaxing and invigorating treatment.
Tara has trained extensively in Thailand and in the US, and is recognized as an Instructor with the Thai Healing Alliance, programs are also approved by Natural Health Practitioners of Canada. She has a thriving practice in Shawnigan Lake, where she enjoys offering private sessions. She is also a visiting teacher and bodyworker, on Hornby Island, at Sun Door Yoga and Deerheart Sanctuary.
Dates: Nov 16/17 & 23/24
Location: ShenDen Yurt, Metchosin, BC
Dates: January part-time studies
Location: Cowichan Valley, BC
* please email Tara to be added to the wait list for this program firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn traditional northern style Thai massage. Based on the lineage of masters in Thailand, this training offers a comprehensive introduction to the spirit, history and practice of Thai Massage.
During the course we will cover...
- The history & spirit of Thai Massage
- Introduction to the role of meditation, prayer and masters in this form of bodywork
- A 90 minute beginners sequence
- An introduction to Sen Line Theory (energy line) and how to work them during your treatment
- Basic application of acupressure points
- Daily meditation, and yoga
* 30 hours recognized by the THAI Healing Alliance
Dates: March & April 2020, - sessions have been postponed due to COVID-19.
Location: Cobble Hill, BC
Building on Foundations 1, this course provides you with a full repertoire of techniques & transitions, along with a 2 hour massage sequence.
During the course we will cover...
- Integration of new techniques for each part of the body
- 2 hour Thai Massage sequence
- Introduction to side lying, and using feet
- How to transition smoothly between postures
- A relaxing full face massage
- Additional Sen Lines & acupressure points
- Ethics of Thai Massage
- Preparing for a session, environment, intake, post ritual for cleansing
- How to design a 60 minute and 90 minute thai massage
- Daily meditation and yoga
* 30 hours Recognized by the Thai Healing Alliance
Click to REGISTER
Registration for all courses require a non refundable 50% deposit. Payment of the full course fee is due on the first day of the course.
Payment plans are available, please contact us for further details.
For further information or to register contact:
Click to Register
About the Instructor
Tara is approved Instructor by the THAI Healing Alliance, Yoga Instructor with 1000 hours of teaching experience and 1000 hours of training. She has studied with various masters and teachers in Thailand and the US. She has a thriving private practice in Shawnigan Lake. For her, healing is about helping the body and person to remember their true source of wholeness comes from within.
Thai Massage Foundations 1 & 2, are recognized by the THAI Healing Alliance and NHPC Canada.
"I was introduced to Thai yoga massage with our instructor Tara. I found the experience enlightening and a very spiritual practice. Taras guidance and teachings are loving, gentle yet very concrete and grounding. I recommend Tara for Thai yoga massage in a heart beat. Thank you Tara. " - Rhonda Kyle ~ Reiki Master